Sunday, February 1, 2009

Daddy is getting older.

This past week...


My dad turned 47



Photobucket
It's so crazy to watch my dad get older. I know 47 isn't that old, but my dad is starting to lose a lot more hair, and he's more patient than ever. In church, we just started going through the book of 1 Samuel, and we were going over how Eli's sons were up to no good. They were taking from God that which did not belong to them, and because Eli neglected to correct his sons, God told Eli that there would not be an old man in his house...among a lot of other bad stuff. In that day and age, having an old man in the house meant having wisdom. God was telling Eli his house lacked wisdom, and will continue to lack wisdom. What a very sad thing! On the other hand, I am so blessed to say that as my dad leads our family, he has so much wisdom to offer. I love seeing my dad fall in love with the Lord, and I love hearing him pray, along with his stories about sharing Jesus with his friends. For a dad who's never had an earthly father, man, He is so amazing. I'm so glad I get to appreciate him day after day, year after year.

No comments: