Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My 22nd Birthday.

September 15th was my 22nd birthday. The celebration started off with sushi on Friday night with Nastaja. Nastaja and I have this thing now, when we go out for sushi, we're going to be brave and try something that we haven't tried before. We had fried octopus for appetizers with the my favorite edamame...yum! I've had octopus before, so that was't bad at all...We had no idea what new dish to order, so we asked our waiter to recommend something. He recommended sea urchin, and we just went with it. When we asked what the taste of sea urchin was similar too, all he said was, "It tastes like the ocean". It was so funny, because we were like, "okay...". We thought he'd give us a little more than that to help beef up our "braveness", but nothing else. When the sea urchin came out we tried it, and it really did taste like the ocean. It was more of a gooie peace of meat that seemed to have just been washed up to shore, collected, and placed on our plates though. Not a hit with us. I think I'm going to stick to what I'm already comfortable eating for now. Nastaja was making fun of me because I've been overseas, and I've eaten things that probably wouldn't pass any of our health and safety codes here in the states, let alone be allowed in the country, but when I'm home...it's just not the same.

Sunday... Valerie, Megan, Kristal, Shelly, and I went to L.A., and had so much fun. Valerie sort of was the party planner with Megan and I making suggestions here and there, and we planned a very eventful day. We had lunch/dinner at El Coyote, which was so good. It's kinda hard finding a good mexican resturant that is decently priced. So I was very impressed with this place. I was even called "banchita" while being sang "happy birthday" to. Then, after we ate we went to the Grove, where we saw David Henrie, who by the way, is very cute in person. It was so crazy, the parking structure is like a million levels up, and by the way...Val did such a good job. She conquered the driving in L.A. along with parking in the parking structure. When we first got there, all of these little girls were around david henrie, and it was really crowded... it was all overwelming. So overwhlelming that we spotted nordies, and made a break for it to kinda "re-group"....we're ridiculous I know, but it was so funny...I discovered that I'm not much of a city girl. Crowds and traffic definitely brings out the introverted person that I am, but it was exciting doing something we haven't done together. After walking around the Grove and the Farmer's market, we headed over to the Urth cafe. We had tea, coffee, and cheesecake, and it was delicious. It's our new favorite!
Here's a picture...

David Henrie


Group Shot


The plates were hot!








On my actually birthday, I just had a very relaxing day. I stayed home, Nastaja came to hang out with me while everyone was in school or working, then my parents brought home sushi and cheesecake for dinner. Angie, Jose, and the kids also came over, and we just enjoyed each others company. Over all...my Birthday was very nice...I'm so blessed to have all of the people who made it extra special in my life. I even got comments on my facebook from my friends I met in Thailand...it was very sweet of them.


No comments: